Medic 1 is your local non-profit ambulance service. Medic 1 covers 20 cities and townships within Berrien and Van Buren Counties.
With the Medic 1 Ambulance Advantage Membership Program you can feel safe knowing your family is protected from out-of-pocket ambulance costs. Hopefully you’ll never need to use our services, but if you do, our skilled paramedics are always on standby 24/7, ready to rush to Advantage members’ aid at a moment’s notice.
Our Advantage Membership includes:
- Advanced cardiac life support & trauma care in state-of-the-art ambulances
- $38.00 a year protects your entire family residing in the household. Advantage plan members with insurance are never charged for medically necessary ambulance transports to or from the hospital. This is important because insurance companies rarely pay the total cost.
- We bill all insurances direct for you. If an insurance check comes to you simply forward it to us.
- If you don’t have insurance, membership saves you 20% on out-of-pocket costs for ambulance service that falls within the program guidelines.
- Your membership becomes effective 3 days after receipt of payment and signed membership agreement
- Accreditation by The Commission on Accreditation of Ambulance Services.